Job security could start with a job in security.
Today’s world is a very different place to do business than it was a decade or two ago — especially when it comes to keeping sensitive information private and secure. This means there’s an increasing demand for cybersecurity experts.
Maryville’s online MBA in Cybersecurity goes beyond just research to offer a curriculum based on reality. Every aspect of our program is designed to help you define your role in today’s workplace.
Pursuing your master’s degree in cybersecurity is a brave decision. We like brave. That’s why we’ve designed our program to have all the features you need to work around your life.
- Connected. Access 100% online coursework with 24/7 technical support.
- Practical. Gain hands-on experience through Maryville’s experience faculty.
- Accessible. Explore financial aid and transfer credit options.
- Well-respected. Maryville is accredited and ranked among the best.
But that’s only the beginning. The John E. Simon School of Business and the highly regarded faculty of our online cybersecurity MBA continually cultivate partnerships with companies from around the world, in a range of business sectors. These connections can help improve your networking opportunities — and ensure our cybersecurity MBA addresses real-time industry needs.
A few of our business partners include:
What does our online MBA in Cybersecurity degree curriculum cover?
This program is designed to get you ready for your next step — to compete and succeed in just about any position focused around business and information technology. Key courses in Maryville’s online cybersecurity master’s degree curriculum include:
- Controls for Effective Cyber Defense. This course covers the Critical Controls for Effective Cyber Defense, which are a recommended set of actions that provide specific and actionable ways to deter potential attacks. Discussion focuses on how organizations can use these controls to define the starting point for their defenses, direct their resources on actions with immediate payoff, and focus their attention on additional risks.
- Pen Testing. This course involves assessing target networks and hosts for security vulnerabilities. Specific penetration testing and ethical hacking methodologies are covered and used on network devices, client machines, and mobile devices.
- Forensic Examination and Analysis. This course provides students with an overview of digital forensics and analysis to include acquiring, authenticating, and analyzing digital evidence. Students will have the chance to explore technical and managerial topics to earn theoretical and practical hands-on experience using forensic equipment and software.
- Legal Aspects of Privacy and Compliance. This course explores fundamental questions the digital age raises regarding how existing legal rules/guidelines should be applied to new technologies. Topics of discussion include various legal issues that arise in cyberspace, including jurisdiction, regulation of online speech, issues of privacy and security, and intellectual property protection.
What careers can you pursue with your online MBA in Cybersecurity degree?
You’re going back to school because you want to take your career farther and do more with it. An online cybersecurity MBA can help you accomplish that goal by equipping you with the skills to pursue a host of business positions — all the way to the C-suite — with salaries that can be in the six-figure range or higher.
This degree can prepare you for the following positions, among many others:
Computer Network Architect
Median Salary: $104,650*
Median Salary: $71,450**
Computer Systems Analyst
Median Salary: $88,270*
Information Security Analyst
Median Salary: $95,510*
Median Salary: $103,560*
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Meet our experienced instructors.
Cybersecurity moves incredibly fast. New threats come about nearly every day, and new solutions have to be created to counter them — immediately.
This is no place for theory; this is the real world. To succeed in it, you need real-world training from people who’ve been in the middle of it.
Our instructors are leaders in the industry with a passion for teaching and advancing your career — not theirs. Their experience and dedication will help you get the most out of the program.
Check them out for yourself.