Data tells a story. What will yours be?
Start a new chapter in your career with an online master’s degree in data analytics from Maryville University. Grow your skills in computer science, statistics, data mining, data modeling, business intelligence, dashboards, and visualization to become an in-demand professional capable of helping organizations make strategic decisions based on deep knowledge and understanding.
Top career skills you can develop:
- SQL, Python, R
- Data collection
- Business intelligence
- Data modeling
Develop critical, in-demand skills in leading technologies like R, Python, PowerBI, and more
No GMAT, GRE, or application fee
Nine courses, plus a capstone, for 30 credit hours total
Complete 100% online and choose from 6 start times per year
Why Earn Your Online Master’s in Data Analytics?
If you have a mind for business and a knack for numbers, an online master’s in data analytics may be for you. Data analytics professionals harness the power of big data, data collection, and data modeling to transform business intelligence into actionable insights that can help companies create opportunities and competitive advantages. More and more, data analytics professionals are the go-to problem solvers for top management, providing the key information decision-makers need to optimize efficiency, reduce costs, predict trends, and increase profits.
Data analytics professionals are in high demand. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts the employment of management analysts and operations research analysts, two of the most popular careers in data analytics, to grow by 11% and 25%, respectively, from 2019 to 2029.
What Can You Do with an Online Data Analytics Master’s Degree?
Earning your master’s in data analytics online can qualify you for a wide range of careers in which you can play a crucial role in an organization’s success. Data analytics professionals’ primary job is to transform business intelligence into business insights that allow their organizations to:
- Identify new markets
- Improve the customer experience
- Optimize business intelligence strategies and processes
- Competitively price products and services
- Forecast sales and market trends
Data analytics professionals who possess a master’s degree are often more likely to advance to senior-level positions with higher annual salaries. Based on salary information from PayScale, data analytics professionals with a master’s degree could earn some $15,000 more than those with a bachelor’s degree.
Top Careers in Data Analytics
Earn your online master’s degree in data analytics from Maryville, and you can begin or prepare to advance your career as a:
- Management analyst
- Marketing analyst
- Market research analyst
- Operations research analyst
- Quantitative analyst
What is the Median Data Analytics Salary?
Your online master’s in data analytics can qualify you to pursue careers with median annual salaries such as these:
Operations Research Analyst
Market Research Analyst
Big Data Engineer
*BLS, May 2020; **PayScale, August 2021
What Is the Job Outlook for Data Analytics Graduates?
Pursuing your online master’s in data analytics can position you for new opportunities in a world dominated by big data collection and data modeling. Grand View Research predicts a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 26% through 2028 for the analytics technology and solutions market, as well as global advanced analytics revenue of $75 billion in 2028. Other promising predictions, according to the International Data Corporation, include:
- Annual data created worldwide will skyrocket to 175 zettabytes (a billion terabytes) by 2025.
- Top industries investing in business data analytics include banking, discrete manufacturing, professional services, process manufacturing, and federal/central government.
- Industries showing the fastest data analytics investment growth are securities and investment services (15.3% CAGR) and retail (15.2% CAGR).
- Strong growth will enable the retail industry to move into the top five industries investing in data analytics in 2022.
Why Choose Maryville for Your Master’s in Data Analytics Online Program?
Our online master’s in data analytics program, which is part of the John E. Simon School of Business, prepares you for a career on the leading edge of data science. Led by an accomplished faculty who teach using real-world examples from up-to-the-minute business headlines, the online MS in Data Analytics provides an opportunity for current practitioners and career changers to obtain graduate-level credentials with a top-quality online business degree.
Student-centered learning you can apply now.
Gain practical knowledge that can be used immediately in your workplace today.
Learn how to combine operational data with analytical tools.
Be able to present complex information in ways that nontechnical stakeholders can easily understand.
Become a valued contributor who can deliver high-quality analytics on time, every time.
We’re distinguished by our dedication to your success
Master’s in Data Analytics Online Curriculum
As a student in Maryville’s data analytics master’s degree online program, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge and skills in key aspects of data analytics. Your studies will focus on looking for trends, identifying opportunities, making data-driven decisions, combining operational data with analytical tools, and presenting complex information.
Courses in this 100% online program include:
- Data Analytics. Study the proper use of data, programming languages (SQL, Python, R) and how to draw insight from your discoveries.
- Database Principles. Become familiar with data collection, database tools and architecture, and relevant security issues.
- Data Visualization. Learn to turn data into charts, graphs, and maps, and to communicate more effectively with stakeholders to inform decision-making.
- Forecasting and Predictive Modeling. Delve into the field of predictive analytics, where you’ll learn how to use information technology tools and modeling methods to inform business strategy.
Master’s in Data Analytics Online: Admission Requirements
The following criteria are considered during the admission process for the Master of Science in Data Analytics:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 2.75 cumulative GPA required for full admission, though applicants with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average below a 2.75 can be considered for conditional acceptance
Learn more at our admissions page.
- Personal letter explaining qualifications for graduate work
- International students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 563
- No GMAT/GRE