A digital world of opportunities.
Computers run the world. They’re a part of every aspect of our lives, and their importance is only going to increase as technology continues to advance. That’s great news for those with a computer science degree.
Maryville University has a variety of online computer science programs that allow you to build expertise in cyber security, software development, and other related disciplines — all while working around your busy schedule.
With different options to choose from in the field of computer science, your career path is really just a matter of deciding where your passion lies. Maryville has a wide range of undergraduate- and graduate-level online computer science programs that can meet you wherever you are in your educational or professional journey with 100% online coursework.
Our online computer science programs are designed to teach you the latest technologies used in many industries and to connect you with expert faculty that can provide insight into practical applications at major companies, tech firms, government, and other settings.
When you earn your online CS degree from Maryville, you’ll also have the opportunity to gain some real-world experience through the Cyber Fusion Center. This faculty-managed, student-run security operations center provides a wide range of cyber security services to nonprofit organizations, charities, schools, and small businesses at no cost.
Featured Computer Science Degree Programs
Want to dig a little deeper? Take a look at some of the features and benefits of our online computer science programs.
Bachelor’s in Cyber Security
If you’re looking for a cutting-edge cyber security program that’s geared toward making you a tech-savvy professional, Maryville’s online bachelor’s degree in cyber security is for you. You will not only have the opportunity to gain a foundation in business essentials, but you’ll also be immersed in a future-focused curriculum designed to help you excel in any job in cyber security.
- 3 tracks: Offensive Cyber Security, Defensive Cyber Security, or General Cyber Security.
- Maryville’s Cyber Fusion Lab: Complete hands-on exercises with real-world clients in the lab, which was distinguished by Apple for mobile innovation.
- Robust and convenient curriculum: Our program features 100% online coursework in database design, applied operating systems, digital forensics, and cyber law policy and compliance.
Bachelor’s in Management Information Systems
Get the skills to help you succeed in a broad range of IT careers with the online Bachelor of Information Systems degree, and gain the skills to make informed decisions or even launch your own business.
- Flexible. Choose from 3 start times.
- Vigorous. This program features 100% online coursework in networks and security, applied operating systems, and cyber security principles.
- Supportive. Get access to expert faculty who can help connect the curriculum to your career goals.
Master’s in Cyber Security
The online master’s in cyber security is for those who want to take their talent to the next level — even up to the C-suite (CEO, CTO, COO, CFO). Develop your technical expertise in areas like cloud security and mobile forensics, and you could be the one getting noticed.
- Personalized. Broad-based instruction in design and development coupled with studies of more specialized applications.
- Robust. This degree features 100% online coursework in cyber defense, cloud security, and forensic analysis.
Master’s in Software Development
An online Master of Science in Software Development (MSSD) from the John E. Simon School of Business at Maryville University can put you on the leading edge and help boost your career. You can be the person coming up with the big ideas, developing them, and managing them to launch and beyond.
- Personalized. Features broad-based instruction in design and development coupled with studies of more specialized applications.
- Complete. Includes four coding classes, five management courses, and one capstone.
- Robust. Our program features 100% online coursework in programming, data structures, web applications, and database management.
Why choose Maryville for your online computer science degree?
Going back to school isn’t for the timid. It takes guts. And that’s who we cater to — the brave. Because that’s what we’ve been for nearly 150 years. And it’s why we design our online CS degrees to work around your schedule.
When you enroll in one of our online computer science programs, you’ll have a chance to get hands-on experience and build a better understanding of the technical intricacies of cyber security. Then you can turn that expertise into strategies that protect precious data. You’ll be able to improve your skills in a protected and safe environment — from any device, anywhere.
- Connected. Access 100% online coursework with 24/7 technical support.
- Practical. Gain hands-on experience through Maryville’s Cyber Fusion Lab.
- Open. Apply without taking entrance exams such as the ACT or SAT.
- Accessible. Explore financial aid and transfer credit options.
- Well-respected. Maryville is ranked and accredited among the best.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission — HLC
Ranked among “America’s Top Colleges” — Forbes, 2018
Ranked among the best values in private colleges
— Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, 2018
Ranked among “Best Colleges” — Money, 2018-2019
Why earn your bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science online?
You need a program that allows you to earn your degree while working around your busy schedule. And Maryville’s online computer science programs gives you exactly that with a flexible online experience that can prepare you to move forward in the industry in no time.
- Convenience. Designed for students who are already working and have a challenging schedule.
- Personal support. You’ll have the help you need from start to finish.
- Collaboration. Team up to study, share notes, and find any help you may need through emails, chats, and message boards.
- Online technical support. Online coordinators are always happy to guide you through the learning platform.
What careers can you pursue with your online computer science degree?
As the demand for technology continues to grow, so do the opportunities in the industry. Whether bachelor’s or master’s, an online computer science degree can help qualify you for many exciting and emerging careers with lucrative salaries.
When people think of computer science careers, they often think of computer programming. And with a 2017 median salary of $82,240, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it’s clear this is a lucrative option. But the field is much more varied. Check out some of the additional opportunities below.
Careers available with a bachelor’s degree*:
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
2017 median pay: $95,510
Career growth outlook: 28%
COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
2017 median pay: $139,220
Career growth outlook: 12%
COMPUTER NETWORK ARCHITECT
2017 median pay: $104,650
Career growth outlook: 6%
COMPUTER HARDWARE ENGINEER
2017 median pay: $115,120
Career growth outlook: 5%
2017 median pay: $87,020
Career growth outlook: 11%
2017 median pay: $103,560
Career growth outlook: 24%
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Career growth statistics reflect 2016-26 projections.
Careers available with a master’s degree:
Your online master’s degree in computer science can be pivotal in helping you achieve the highest mastery and best careers in computer science. High-salary careers like computer and information research scientist can net a median pay of about $114,000*, and similarly well-compensated careers like high-level software development provide immense opportunity to start or grow a career. In fact, there are more than 1.25 million software developer roles now, and that number stands to grow tremendously from 2016 to 2026.*
If you want to pursue careers like DevOps engineer, embedded systems engineer, network security engineer, systems software developer, or UX designer, then a master’s degree might be right for you.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Meet our online computer science faculty.
Technology changes quickly. If you’re going to succeed, you want to learn from people who’ve been in the trenches — leaders who are on top of the latest innovations and processes. That’s what you can expect from the Maryville computer science faculty: knowledge, passion, and dedication to helping you reach your goals.