Minternship: Changing Paths Midcareer
What Is a Midcareer Professional?
Millennials and Generation X Setting the Trend for Minternships
What Contributes to a Midcareer Crisis?
- Work-life balance (e.g., remote work opportunities, flexible hours, paid time off)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Compensation and benefits (including health insurance and paid parental leave)
- Employer ethics (e.g., sustainability)
- Continuing education opportunities
- Organizational stability
Corporate Incentives for Minternships
What Does a Midcareer Internship Entail?
- A better sense of their worth as individual contributors to organizations
- Experience navigating bureaucratic processes
- Transferable skills in problem solving and team communication