Trends and Skills for the Future of Research
Career Outlook for Researchers
New Trends and Techniques for Researchers
- Search faster and easier. Researchers can spend less time searching for the right information by using search engines and curator sites such as CiteULike, Google Scholar, and LazyScholar.
- Manage and share data. Code and data sharing are becoming more common among researchers, with sites like Code Ocean and Datahub providing data management, storage, and sharing.
- Manage references. Sites such as EndNote and CitationStyles help researchers electronically manage their bibliographies, citation styles, and references.
- Connect with fellow researchers. Sites such as Academia and Addgene help researchers get expert advice and identify opportunities to collaborate or share findings.
- Consider the visual options available — whether it’s an infographic, chart, or slideshow
- Focus on their audience and the key messages they need to convey
- Remember to ensure the visual will highlight the actual data instead of serving as a distraction