Choosing a Career Path: Communication vs. Business Degree
What Do Communication Degree Graduates Do?
- Public Relations Specialist: The primary responsibility of this position is to create and maintain a favorable public image through media releases, press conferences, and other messaging vehicles.
- Journalist: Researching a story, conducting interviews, and crafting a factual account of events help journalists educate others through print, web, and broadcast stories.
- Social Media Specialist: These professionals develop social media plans and goals for businesses or other organizations. They then craft posts and monitor analytics to ensure their social media presence is effective.
Business Degree Overview
What Do Business Degree Graduates Do?
- Accountant: These professionals analyze company data, create financial reports, create budgets, prepare taxes, and keep accounting records.
- Marketing Specialist: Marketing specialists develop, implement, and analyze holistic marketing plans that match a company’s voice and target specific audiences.
- Operations Manager: A key part of the management team, an operations manager oversees all high-level human resources operations. They create policies, ensure company morale, and establish a positive work environment.