The Value of Different Perspectives in Professional and Learning Environments
Expand Your Thinking
Increase Inclusion and Equity
Strategies for Gaining Perspective
Listen with Sincere Interest
- Make good eye contact.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Paraphrase what’s been shared, to check your understanding.
- Pay attention to nonverbal communication.
- Pause your own internal dialogue.
Fight Confirmation Bias
- Intentionally seek out differing opinions and perspectives.
- Approach all information with a neutral mindset.
- Search for evidence that disproves your existing beliefs.
- Use various information sources.