What Is Mainstream Media?
What is considered mainstream media?
What are the different types of media?
Radio and satellite radio
Television and cable
Digital media news platforms
Top seven mainstream media companies
- News Corp. With a market capitalization of $14.45 billion, News Corp. is best known as the owner of Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, and the New York Post.
- The New York Times Company. With a market cap of $7.1 billion, the company owns The New York Times and its own digital platform, as well as The Boston Globe.
- Nexstar Media Group. With a market cap of $6.3 billion, Nexstar acquired Tribune Media in 2019. It owns or provides programming to nearly 200 TV stations in 115 markets.
- Sinclair Broadcasting. With a market cap of $2.45 billion, Sinclair owns or provides news and sports content to around 190 TV stations in around 90 markets.
- E.W. Scripps. With a market cap of $1.6 billion, E.W. Scripps operates around 60 TV stations in some 40 markets and publishes news on a variety of digital platforms.
- Gannett Co. Inc. With a market cap of $691 million, Gannett publishes USA Today and operates more than 40 TV stations.
- Daily Journal Corporation. With a market cap of $400 million, the company publishes newspapers in California and Arizona.