Business and Technology Education: MIS Degree vs. IT Degree
MIS Degree Overview
What Do MIS Degree Graduates Do?
- Database Administrator: Storing and organizing data, database administrators design databases and oversee their configuration, migration, and security, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Software Developer: Software developers work with IT to create a wide array of solutions, including apps for phones and computer programs. Some work on developing the systems that run software.
- Systems Analyst: Working with both hardware and software, systems analysts study the overall IT architecture of a business, identifying where it is working efficiently and where it can improve.
IT Degree Overview
What Do IT Degree Graduates Do?
- Computer Programmer: Using a variety of programming languages, computer programmers create software that is used in a number of industries for many different purposes.
- Web Developer: These specialists are primarily responsible for how a website responds and operates, helping ensure a positive user experience.
- Computer Support Specialist: Answering phones, providing online support through chat portals, and working directly with individuals and teams, these professionals help others understand how to work with IT effectively.