Is a Data Analytics Degree Worth It?
Data Analytics at a Glance
- Machine learning is a subset of artificial intelligence that allows data models to be created quickly and automatically, resulting in faster and more effective decision-making based on large, complex sets of data.
- Data mining sifts quickly through massive collections of data, cutting through the noise and clutter to locate the few nuggets of intelligence required to solve a complex business problem.
- Predictive analytics
- Virtual network logs
- Security alerts and anomaly detection
- Global network traffic patterns
- Regulatory compliance
- Customer behavior and brand sentiment tracking
- Inventory and shipment tracking (internet of things, or IoT)