How to Stay Relevant in Today’s Job Market
Understand and Improve Your Brand to Compete in the Job Market
Top Skills Needed to Stay Relevant in 2023
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning: Companies continue to seek out innovative ways to become more efficient. Artificial intelligence and machine learning have wide-spanning applications, such as aggregating business data to help managers make decisions and interacting with website visitors using AI chatbots.
- Website development: Websites that prioritize users’ experiences and engagement perform far better than their less sophisticated counterparts. Consequently, an organization’s website can make or break consumers’ first impressions of a company.
- User interface/user experience (UI/UX) design: Professionals with UI/UX experience identify their users’ needs and help design apps or websites that attract and engage them.
- Social media: Social media platforms help brands reach and connect with their target audience. Professionals with refined social media messaging skills who understand how to craft and execute successful social media marketing campaigns are in high demand.
- Cybersecurity: Cyber threats are ever present and constantly evolving. Professionals with a strong familiarity of the tools and systems needed to keep an organization’s data safe often find they have an advantage over less-skilled job seekers.
- Communication: Effective communication is critical in relaying messages via email, video calls, and in-person meetings. This is especially important for employees who work remotely.
- Leadership: Hiring managers prefer applicants with strong leadership skills because they often have experience in building successful teams. Professionals with leadership skills are also more likely to make sound decisions and perform well under pressure.
- Critical thinking: Problems arise in every organization. Candidates with strong critical thinking skills understand how to view problems from all angles, so they can develop multiple potential solutions for the same issue before choosing the best one.
- Adaptability: Employee adaptability and resilience are prioritized by companies in all industries. Professionals who are willing to learn, comfortable navigating unfamiliar situations, and able to be productive in new roles and environments are invaluable at every level of an organization.
- Willingness to gain new skills: Technological innovations continue to impact how companies do business. Job applicants with a penchant for learning new skills and new ways of doing things are likely to stand out to hiring managers.