Emerging Software Development Trends
- Applications Software Developer: Develops, tests, and programs software applications for computers, mobile phones, and other devices using existing development tools
- Software Engineer: Applies engineering principles and programming language knowledge to create software products and systems
- Systems Software Developers: Develops software used on a system level, such as operating systems and drivers, to run a computer’s hardware and application programs
Why Tracking Emerging Software Development Trends Is Important
Resources: History of Software Development
- Cloudinary, “The Rise of Developers and Their Paramount Role in Software Adoption”: Learn insights on the rapid changes taking place in the software industry and the increasing importance of software developers.
- Forbes, “20 Years of Evolution on the ‘Definition of Done’ In Software Engineering”: Gain perspectives on significant changes in the software industry from the mid-’90s to the
- IEEE Computer Society, “50 Years of Software: How It Began, Where It’s Going”: Read a discussion on how software engineering has changed the world from its emergence 50 years ago to today.