Risk Management in Healthcare
What Is Risk Management in Healthcare?
- Hospital health practitioners’ regular use of hand sanitizer to ensure they do not spread infections to patients
- Color-coded signs and walkways in a clinic so visitors can navigate their way through the building without entering dangerous or hazardous areas
- Leaders’ installment of harassment-related training and policies so staff members abide by the codes of conduct and are safe from harm
- A robust cybersecurity system to protect confidential health data from being compromised, manipulated, and falling into the wrong hands
- Legal teams’ identification of potential risks of malpractice lawsuits
What Is the Purpose of Risk Management in Healthcare Organizations?
How to Develop a Healthcare Risk Management Policy
- Establish the context
- Identify risks
- Analyze risks
- Evaluate risks
- Treat/manage risks