Entering the Financial World: Comparing Economics vs. Business Degrees
What Do Economics Degree Graduates Do?
- Economists: Economists assess data, observe trends, and make predictions about the future of the economy.
- Market analysts: Analysts help organizations determine scalability and improve sales and pricing by studying data on competitors.
- Economic consultants: Economic consultants support organizations through custom reports, market suggestions, and fiscal policy recommendations.
- Day traders: Day traders maximize profitability by buying and selling securities without the expectation of holding them long term.
Learn About Business Degrees
What Do Business Degree Graduates Do?
- Accountants: Accountants review financial records and budgets to create financial reports and prepare taxes.
- Organizational managers: It’s the job of an organizational manager to make companies run smoothly by leading teams, planning projects, and managing resources.
- Actuaries: Using mathematics and statistics, actuaries examine financial risk.
- Marketing managers: Marketing managers run advertising campaigns, connect with consumers, and create messaging that helps sell products and services.