Talented Health administrators Are as Important as Skilled Healthcare Providers.
Healthcare administrators play essential roles in helping their organizations provide top-quality patient care. Technology-proficient leaders are in especially high demand throughout the industry. These professionals are experts at understanding what it takes to keep a medical institution operating sustainably. Maryville University’s online Master’s in Health Administration (MHA) with a concentration in Data Management provides advanced instruction in healthcare technologies and skills that can help you prepare for a career in this promising field.
Why Choose Maryville for Your MHA With a Concentration in Data Management?
Proper management and distribution of data is a key element of effectively delivering health services at large scales. The coursework of an MHA with a concentration in data management teaches students how to use a range of different data modeling and analytics techniques to help improve patient outcomes. Students also learn how data insights can inform business decisions. These specialized skills, combined with the knowledge developed through core MHA curriculum, are essential tools for finding success in health care leadership positions.
Another benefit to students is that Maryville University designed its MHA program to ensure that there are as few obstacles as possible in advancing their education. The 100-percent online curriculum typically takes two years to complete and doesn’t require a single visit to the campus. Many professionals continue working as they complete the degree, allowing them to immediately put their studies into practice.
Maryville University also values networking and professional relationship-building, so students are encouraged to connect with faculty mentors who are active industry practitioners and scholars in the healthcare field. These aspects of Maryville’s program are valuable on their own, but when combined with an evolving curriculum that is continually updated to reflect current healthcare trends, it’s clear that Maryville University’s online Master’s in Health Administration is a great choice for career-driven healthcare professionals.
What Does Our MHA with a Concentration in Data Management Curriculum Cover?
The Healthcare Data Management concentration is designed to develop versatile skills, like leadership, management, and business communication. These skills are essential when addressing the various challenges that healthcare organizations often face. The core courses aim to prepare graduates to solve practical, real-world problems, such as staff performance issues or declines in patient satisfaction. The core components of the Maryville University MHA curriculum include:
- Healthcare Technology: Study the different ways the healthcare industry uses information technology to support both the clinical and administrative functions of health services organizations.
- Healthcare Business Management: Learn how to properly manage the financial, material, and human resources used by healthcare organizations.
- Healthcare Law and Ethics: Learn how to lead ethically by complying with healthcare laws and policies.
- Healthcare Quality Improvement: Explore techniques that can improve the quality of healthcare services that your institution delivers.
- Healthcare Analytics: Practice using analytics tools to compile and process healthcare data that can be used to make informed business decisions.
What Careers Can You Pursue with Your MHA Data Management Degree?
Earning a Master’s in Health Administration, along with years of relevant work experience, is the educational foundation needed for pursuing senior positions in health services organizations. The path typically involves taking on more challenging professional responsibilities that can open the door to greater career opportunities.
Here are some indicators of the career outlook in this field:
- Healthcare administrators can potentially earn $98,350 or more annually, which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), was the median salary for the occupation in 2017.
- Demand for healthcare administrators has been on the rise consistently for 35 years, reports the healthcare research agency Athena Insight.
- BLS forecasts that the number of U.S. health administrator jobs will increase 20 percent from 2016 to 2026.
The healthcare master data management concentration can help you expand your options for specialized, technology-related healthcare jobs. According to the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), salaries for professionals in health IT rose 7 percent in 2016. Here are the average salaries for specific IT-related healthcare administration jobs:
- Healthcare Informatics/Data Analytics: $71,050
- Healthcare Operations/Medical Record Administration: $70,790
- Healthcare IT Executive: $149,970
Meet Our Healthcare Degree Program Faculty
Enrolling in our online MHA in data management program means choosing to pursue skills and knowledge that can prove highly valuable in your career. It’s key to get that education from exceptional faculty. That’s why the MHA curriculum is taught by talented instructors who have industry experience and understand how to provide students with learning experiences that will prove useful in their future careers.
Admissions Requirements for Our Online MHA in Data Management
We take a holistic approach to business education. Our MHA in Data Management, is designed to attract career driven professionals. Upon meeting the following admissions criteria, you can enroll in classes at a time that’s most convenient for you:
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA required for full admission; less than 3.0 cumulative GPA can be considered for conditional admission.
- Applicants must submit a personal letter explaining their qualifications for graduate work.
- There is no Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirement.
- Applicants do not need to submit letters of recommendation.
Success in our MHA program requires basic comprehension of statistics. If you have completed a statistics class prior to enrollment, you may already satisfy this requirement. If not, Maryville University offers an abbreviated online statistics course that will get you on track. This brief course can be taken alongside your first class.
Learn more at our admissions page.
International Admission Requirements
International applicants must demonstrate their English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Show proof of test scores* (TOEFL IBT: 79, IELTS: 6.0, PTE: 58)
- Hold a college degree earned in the U.S
- Hold a college degree from an institution where instruction was conducted primarily in English
*Low sub-scores may disqualify a student. Test dates must be within five years of application.
Why earn your MHA with a concentration in data management online?
If you need to balance coursework with a busy career or personal life, an online Master of Health Administration might work best for your schedule. By completing your degree online, you can experience the following benefits:
- Access course materials and assignments from anywhere, and at any time
- Study in a comfortable or convenient environment
- Remove expensive or time-consuming commutes to and from campuses
- Master various methods of communicating and collaborating virtually
Pick a Starting Time That Works for You
You can fit earning your online MHA with a concentration in Data Management into your busy schedule. Maryville University offers three start times around the year, so you can begin studying soon after you decide to get started.
We have start dates at the beginning and in the middle of our Spring, Summer, and Fall terms, so there are many options to choose from.
How Many Credits are Required for Your Online MHA with a Concentration in Data Management?
Earning your MHA degree requires completion of 36 credit hours. Maryville University offers this program on a part-time schedule that features 16 week semesters. Each course is 8 weeks long, meaning completing your degree will require a minimum of two years of part-time study.
If you are searching for your path to leadership in the medical industry, now is the time to learn more about Maryville University’s Master’s in Health Administration program. Connect with an Enrollment Advisor today or visit our admissions page.